History of the club

Ipswich Croquet Club was founded in 1908 and has been a part of Ipswich society for over 100 years. Our first home was on Portman Marshes (where the football ground is now). In 1930 it relocated to Christchurch Park, but increasing problems with parking and a lack of facilities led us to move to Fynn Valley in 2012. Here we have our own pavilion, 2 full sized lawns, enjoy the beautiful parkland setting and share the purpose built facilities of the magnificent new Fynn Valley Golf club house and Cafe Terrace.

During more recent times we are proud to have had regional, national and international champions among our members, and this year two of our juniors have been selected for the World-under-21 Championships.